Monday, Sep 1, 2014Monday, Sep 1, 2014
Singapore
 

Teenager treated for smoke inhalation after fire breaks out in Joo Seng Road flat

Published on Apr 6, 2014 9:43 PM
 

A 19-year-old girl was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in a fourth-floor Housing Board flat at Block 13, Joo Seng Road on Saturday night.

Chinese evening newspaper Shin Min Daily News reported on Sunday that the teenager had been at home with her two younger sisters when the fire started in the unit at about 9pm.

The girl was sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force, which put out the fire using a water jet.

A neighbour who lived on the third floor told Shin Min that he saw smoke but did not hear any explosions or see flames.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos