Singapore Grand Prix: Win three-day passes to the Paddock Club, driver autograph session and other goodies
Dying to get up close with a Formula One driver and their super-duper machinery?
Now, you can get a chance to do so by joining a contest run by The Straits Times and Singapore GP, the organiser of this nation’s grand prix.
The Ultimate Singapore Formula One Fan contest, an initiative of the Straits Times Appreciates Readers (STAR) programme to reach out to our readers and the community, runs from Aug 12-22 in this newspaper.
Win yourself an experience of a lifetime at the Sept 20-22 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix.
The first prize is a pair of three-day passes to the ultra-exclusive Paddock Club. This offers an amazing view of the cars zooming towards the finish line. Set your pulse racing by watching the pit crew work frantically to refuel their drivers’ cars and get them ready for action on the track.
More significantly, there is also a pair of tickets to the Driver Autograph Session on Sept 19 – a must for anyone who follows the sport. This entire prize is worth $18,190 although the driver autograph session is frankly, priceless.
The second prize, worth $8,453, is a pair of three-day passes to The Green Room and a Pit Lane Experience on Sept 19, which allows you to get a view of the team garages.
The Green Room is located above the Premier Grandstand at Turn 3, which means petrol-heads can see the cars competing for overtaking opportunities at Turn 1 before slowing down to 90kmh as they tackle Turn 3, pick up speed and go full throttle down Republic Boulevard. Spectators can also see the cars rejoin the action on the track as they exit the Pit Lane at Turn 2.
There are also 15 pairs of three-day Pit Grandstand tickets – each worth $2,576 and entitling holders to great views of the Pit Straight, Pit Lane, starting grid and finish line – up for grabs.
All contest winners will have access to Zones 1, 2, 3 and 4 including the concerts featuring BigBang (Friday), The Killers and Bob Geldof (Saturday), Rihanna and Tom Jones (Sunday).
The contest form – only originals will be accepted – can be found in the ST and The Sunday Times daily from Aug 12-22.
Winners will be notified via e-mail and results will be published in The Straits Times.
How to enter
Flip to the Sport section for the contest coupon, answer a simple question, and send the original coupon to the locked bag address given.
Closing date: Noon, Aug 22, 2013.
Terms & conditions
- A public draw will be held at SPH News Centre at 2pm on Aug 23, 2013.
- Only entries on original contest coupon, with the correct answer and complete details will qualify to win the prizes.
- You can send in multiple entries but no one individual can win more than one prize.
- The 1st and 2nd prizes are not transferable.
- Winners must agree to make themselves available for one media interview during the experience.
- Staff of SPH and their immediate family members are not eligible to join the contest
- Winners will be notified via e-mail and results will be published in The Straits Times.
- The contest applies only to Singapore citizens and permanent residents.
- By entering the contest, participants agree that they have read, understood and accepted the Terms & Conditions in their entirety.
- We reserve the right to amend the Terms & Conditions of the contest without prior notice.