Prosecution throws up 3 scenarios of liaison
It says the pair had affair from 2009 to 2010, and that Sue lied in court
Three versions of the relationship between Ng Boon Gay and Ms Cecilia Sue were presented in court on Monday by the prosecution, as it sought to show that its key witness had been lying on the stand.
1. Ng and Ms Sue had been in an intimate sexual relationship from 2009 until the end of last year.
2. Ng and Ms Sue had been in a consensual sexual relationship from 2009 until September or October 2010.
3. The pair had never been in any intimate or sexual relationship.
What was Ng and Sue's relationship?
They were having an affair from 2009 to late 2011
They were having an affair from 2009 to Sept/Oct 2010
There was no intimate or sexual relationship
What she said
THE prosecution yesterday read out more extracts of Ms Cecilia Sue's statements to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau, to show there was a physical relationship between Ng Boon Gay and her from 2009 to late 2010:
- "I wanted to put a stop to our relationship after the birth of my child in May 2010. I decided to end this relationship in September or October 2010... Between Aug 26, 2010 and July 2011, there was no physical intimacy between me and Boon Gay."
- "We were looking at each other's eyes when I told him I wanted to end the relationship with him... Boon Gay said he would not push me if I refused to, therefore... he understood what I had said."
AFTER the statements were read, Ms Sue sought to explain the discrepancies with her court testimony:
- "Initially when I was being brought in (to CPIB), I was confused and frightened. I... just didn't want to implicate anyone... Intimate relationship here is like close friend. If you talk about advances he made on me... yes he did try, but doesn't mean it's successful."