Friday, Dec 19, 2014Friday, Dec 19, 2014

News

 

Projector catches fire at NUS lecture hall, no one injured

Published on Oct 22, 2012 5:47 PM
 
A projector burst into flames at a lecture theatre at National University of Singapore this afternoon. No one was injured in the incident that took place in Lecture Theatre 7A at the Kent Ridge Campus. --PHOTO: STOMP

A projector burst into flames at a lecture theatre at National University of Singapore this afternoon.

No one was injured in the incident that took place in Lecture Theatre 7A at the Kent Ridge Campus.

Mr Peter Yeo, who were among some 100 students in the auditorium for the engineering physics lecture, said they were just six minutes into it when the screen went blank.

"There was a pop sound, and there was smoke, so the lecturer asked us to leave," said the 21-year-old student.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here