PM's National Day Message to be broadcast on Wednesday
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's National Day Message will be broadcast on Wednesday, Aug 8, the eve of National Day, on local television channels and radio stations.
On television, his message in English will be televised on Channel NewsAsia at 6.45pm, okto at 8.45pm, and Channel 5 and HD5 at 10pm. The message will be broadcast on HD5 in high definition, and will be subtitled for the deaf.
On radio, PM Lee's message in English will be aired on 938LIVE at 7.35pm.
The message will also be on The Straits Times website at www.straitstimes.com
The National Day message will also be delivered in other languages on Aug 8:
- In Mandarin: Mr Lim Swee Say, Minister in the Prime Minister's Office, will give it on radio on Capital 95.8FM at 8.25pm, and on TV on Channel 8 at 8.45pm and Channel U at 9.45pm;
- In Malay: Dr Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts and Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs, will give it on TV on Suria at 8.30pm and on radio on Warna 94.2FM at 9.05pm;
- In Tamil: Mr K. Shanmugam, Foreign Affairs and Law Minister, will give it at on TV on Vasantham at 8pm and Oli 96.8FM at 8.30pm.
The message will also be broadcast on Thursday, Aug 9:
- English: 938LIVE at 10.10am, Channel NewsAsia at 12.30pm, Channel 5/HD5 at 5pm;
- Mandarin: Capital 95.8FM at 9.30am, Channel U at 11.30am, Channel 8 at 12.45pm;
- Malay: Warna 94.2FM at 7.45am, Suria at 10.15am;
- Tamil: Oli 96.8FM at 8.10am, Vasantham at 10am.
The text and video clips of the message will be available online at channelnewsasia.com/nd2012 from Aug 8 after the TV broadcast, and video clips at xinmsn.com/catchup from Aug 9. The radio podcast will be online at http://xinmsn.com/podcast