Pet dog infested with maggots: Retiree fined $7,000
THE shih tzu had been his child's pet for 13 years, but when hundreds of maggots ate away part of its face, Quek Ah Nguang did not take it to the vet.
The 64-year-old had thought there was little point in getting the pooch treated as he was moving from a landed property to a Housing Board flat in about two months' time. He had planned to get rid of the dog by sending it to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA).
But because of the dog's maggot infestation, the retiree called the SPCA to take it away to be euthanised.
Vets at the SPCA found the neglected animal in a horrific state.