Online article on three girls abducted by serial kidnapper in Toa Payoh 'untrue': police
Published on Feb 15, 2014 3:39 PM
An article circulating online about three girls who were allegedly abducted by a serial kidnapper in Toa Payoh is untrue, said police.
The article, which was posted on a Facebook page on Friday and later made its rounds online, claimed that two of the girls - both 16 years old - went missing last year, while the other girl - a 15-year-old - has been missing since 2011.
Responding to the article, the police said in a Facebook post on Saturday: "Police would like to clarify that the rumour is untrue. The three girls have been found and returned safely to their families.
"The circumstances of their disappearance were not related and records revealed that the three girls had left home on their own accord."