Wednesday, Jul 23, 2014Wednesday, Jul 23, 2014
News
 
Video

Thai teen accident case: MRT station "reasonably safe"

Published on Nov 19, 2012 2:53 PM
 

No new preventive measures were taken after the incident involving Thai teen Nitcharee Peneakchanasak, said SMRT's deputy director of station operations Teo Wee Kiat.

Mr Teo, who took the stand at the trial on Monday, said that while a review of the accident was done, the conclusion made was that all the measures that could have been in place at the time of the incident were present.

Nitcharee, 16, is suing the Land Transport Authority and rail operator SMRT for $3.4 million in damages after a train ran over her legs when she fell onto the track at Ang Mo Kio station in April last year.

At the time of the incident, Mr Teo was head of station operations at SMRT.

No new preventive measures were taken after the incident involving Thai teen Nitcharee Peneakchanasak, said SMRT's deputy director of station operations Teo Wee Kiat (above). --ST PHOTO:  WONG KWAI CHOW
 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here