Hotel licensee fined $20,000 over restaurant food poisoning cases
Published on Feb 28, 2014 12:12 PM
The licensee of a restaurant linked to five cases of food poisoning was fined $20,000 on Friday for selling food that was unfit for consumption.
BCH Hotel Investment, the licensee of Man Fu Yuan Restaurant, pleaded guilty last week through its general manager to five charges of providing food at four wedding banquets and a dinner and dance event at Hotel InterContinental which resulted in more than 400 guests falling ill.
The offences occurred between Dec 26 and Dec 30, 2012.
The court heard that the National Environment Agency received information that numerous individuals had developed symptoms of fever, vomiting, diarrhoea and nausea after attending a wedding banquet dinner at the Middle Road hotel on Dec 26 that year.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!