Get your coffee fix at ST's Pinterest account and win a gift bag
Published on Mar 6, 2014 5:30 PM
By Grace Sung
Where did food editor Tan Hsueh Yun get this mug?
Find out at The Straits Times' Pinterest account next week and you might win an ice cream cookie gift bag. From Monday March 10 to Sunday March 16, food editor Tan Hsueh Yun will be sharing photos and videos of her favourite coffee places, products and paraphernalia. And of course, where she gets her caffeine fix locally and overseas.
She says: "Caffeine makes me bounce off the walls, but the smell and taste of coffee is irresistible. I can never say no to a cappuccino, especially in the morning, when I need a little boost to get the day off to a good start."
Please follow our Pinterest board "Curated by Tan Hsueh Yun" to keep track of her pins and suggestions on all things coffee.
During the week, look out for a pin that will reveal the cool coffee joint where she bought the mug she is holding in the photo above. Send us an e-mail at STPinterest@sph.com.sg with the answer and you could win one of two Ice Cream & Cookie Co gift bags worth $65. It includes 10 ice-cream sandwiches, a cooler tote bag and delivery. Please see the contest details and rules in the box below.
Please feel free to share your own coffee must-try or must-visit list with other readers. You can also post a coffee image or video on your favourite social media platform with the hashtag #STPinterest and post a link to it in a comment here. We may feature a selection of them on Pinterest and at straitstimes.com.
The Straits Times recently launched its Pinterest and Instagram accounts to engage readers on these fast-growing social networking platforms. You can also find us at Facebook and Twitter.
Pinterest allows users to collect and “pin” images and videos, and organise them in collection-style boards. If you like reviews by Ms Tan or food critic Wong Ah Yoke, for example, you can view and pin photos of places they have reviewed, and be linked back to their stories on straitstimes.com. We also have pins on travel, fashion, the arts, as well as Singapore heritage and festivals.
You can follow us at www.pinterest.com/TheStraitsTimes.
How to use Pinterest:
- Start an account at www.pinterest.com. Sign up using Facebook or your e-mail address.
- Follow some boards. Pinterest will suggest some; you can also browse the site for inspirational photos and start following people or accounts you like. You can also search for Facebook friends who are on Pinterest.
- Pin photos you like to create your own category boards or inspirational mood boards. Have fun.
Contest terms and conditions
By taking part in our contest, you herein agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions:
1. The contest is open only to Singaporean citizens and permanent residents.
2. The contest runs from March 10 to March 16, 2014.
3. To participate, e-mail STPinterest@sph.com.sg telling us where Ms Tan Hsueh Yun's mug is from. Include your full name, IC and contact numbers. Participants must submit their entries with all mandatory detail fields in order to be eligible as a complete entry. Each participant should send in only one entry, and is entitled to win only one prize.
4. Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) reserves the right to disqualify any incomplete, improper or late entries without disclosing or providing any reason whatsoever.
5. Winners will be notified by SPH and their contact details given to The Ice Cream & Cookie Co, which will contact the winners to arrange for delivery of the gift bags.
6. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
7. SPH staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to join the contest.
8. The judges’ decision on all matters relating to this contest will be final and binding on all persons participating in this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
9. We reserve the right to amend the Terms & Conditions of the contest without prior notice.