Tuesday, Oct 21, 2014Tuesday, Oct 21, 2014
News
 
PICTURES

Fire breaks out in shophouse near Beach Road

Published on Mar 28, 2013 6:24 PM
 

A fire broke out on the second floor of a shophouse at Aliwal Street, near Beach Road on Thursday afternoon .

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they received a call at 3.25pm, and arrived at the scene within five minutes. The fire was confined to the second storey and extinguished within 15 minutes.

A Bangladeshi man in his 40s had evacuated the shophouse which appeared to be a dormitory housing foreign workers. When the SCDF found him outside the shophouse, he was taken to Singapore General Hospital in an ambulance.

He suffered burn injuries on his right arm. It is understood that no one else was injured in the fire.