Fire breaks out in NUS building; 1 injured
One person was sent to the hospital after a fire broke out at the Faculty of Engineering in National University of Singapore (NUS) at around 2.15pm on Friday.
A male security guard in his 50s has been warded for smoke inhalation, an SCDF spokesperson said. Three firemen were also sent to hospital for heat exhaustion. Firefighters are still working on the first and second floor of the E3A building at about 5pm.
Believed to have started from a laboratory in Block E3A of the Faculty of Engineering, the fire has spread over the seven-storey building.
According to the spokesman for NUS, no other injuries have been reported. The affected building and its surrounding areas have also been cordoned off. NUS is currently investigating the incident.