Thursday, Apr 24, 2014Thursday, Apr 24, 2014
News
 

Dog dies after eating bait left out by pest control firm

Company given warning after tainted bread meant for pigeons poisons pet dog

Published on Aug 21, 2013 6:49 AM
PRINT EMAIL
 
Tiger, a jack russell terrier, died on July 22 after playing at Block 412, Commonwealth Avenue West. The town council has warned the firm involved. -- ST PHOTO: JOANNA SEOW

A pest control firm has been given a warning after a dog died from eating poisoned bread meant to kill pigeons.

Tiger, a jack russell terrier, started limping, trembling and foaming at the mouth after apparently swallowing bait left by the side of a Housing Board block.

The 10-year-old pet was rushed to see a vet but died on the way.

West Coast Town Council told The Straits Times it had warned its pest control contractor to comply with safety procedures.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here