CCTV cameras up at 10 spots in Singapore to deter illegal parking
Published on Apr 4, 2014 11:45 AM
SINGAPORE - Closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras designed to crack down on illegal parking at 10 locations will be activated on April 14.
They are among 30 spots where these cameras will be installed, which the Land Transport Authority identified last year.
The remaining 20 will be up by the end of the year.
The CCTV cameras will be operational 24 hours daily. Prominent signs will be put up in the monitoring zones to remind motorists not to park illegally.
Illegal parking is the top complaint the LTA receives.
The first 10 locations are:
- Beach Road (near Golden Mile Complex)
- Marine Parade Central (near Parkway Parade)
- Upper Bukit Timah Road (after The Linear)
- Ardmore Park, Draycott Park (near Ardmore Park and JC Draycott)
- Commonwealth Avenue West (Clementi MRT station, in both directions of the road)
- Serangoon Central (Serangoon MRT station, near Nex)
- Boon Lay Way (Boon Lay MRT station, near Jurong Point)
- Bishan Road (Bishan MRT station)
- Jurong Gateway Road (around Jurong East Central, near Jurong East MRT station)
- Jurong West Street 63 (Pioneer MRT station)