Barking dog saves duo from Kallang Bahru flat fire
Bartender and father escape unhurt after pet poodle raises the alarm
A dog may have saved a bartender and his elderly father from perishing in a fire that broke out in their Kallang Bahru flat on Thursday morning.
It was the poodle's barking that alerted the older man to the blaze, which had started in the utility room of the three-room flat.
His son, a 38-year-old bartender, was asleep in his room, having worked all night.
Mr S.W. Tay said his 64-year-old father was watching television in the living room when the dog began barking urgently.