Thursday, Nov 27, 2014Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
 

Two ships pick up objects but none confirmed to be related to Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 yet

Published on Mar 29, 2014 8:56 PM
 
Crew onboard a Royal Malaysian Air Force C-130 Hercules unload the aircraft after it landed at RAAF Base Pearce to to help with the search for debris or wreckage of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in Perth, on March 29, 2014. Search operations for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane for Saturday have concluded after nearly 252,000 square kilometres were searched. -- PHOTO: AFP

PERTH - Search operations for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane for Saturday have concluded after nearly 252,000 square kilometres were searched.

Chinese ship Haixun 01 and Australia's HMAS Success reportedly retrieved a number of objects from the ocean but so far none have been confirmed to be related to MH370, a statement issued by the Australia maritime rescue officials said.

Eight aircraft were involved in Saturday's search activities, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) said.

They included three Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) P3 Orions, a Japanese Coast Guard jet, a Japanese P3 Orion, a Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) P3 Orion, a Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force Ilyushin IL-76, and one civil jet acting as a communications relay.

Meanwhile, other reports said, six ships have arrived in the area to search for the debris of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.

The weather in the search area was described as reasonable for searching however visibility was reduced to about four kilometres with rain showers.

The search will resume in the morning.

Videos