Seventh worker from Philippines confirmed dead in Algeria carnage
MANILA (AFP) - A seventh worker from the Philippines has been confirmed killed in last week's siege by Islamic militants of a remote natural gas plant in Algeria, the foreign department in Manila said today.
The remains were identified by his British employers, foreign affairs spokesman Raul Hernandez told a news conference.
Manila on Monday said six Filipinos were killed and 12 survived the 72-hour hostage drama in the north African desert.
"Most of them died of gunshot wounds and the effects of explosions," Hernandez said, without naming the Filipino fatalities.