Winehouse killed by accidental alcohol poisoning: Second inquest
Published on Jan 8, 2013 8:00 PM
LONDON (AFP) - A second inquest into the death of troubled British singer Amy Winehouse confirmed on Tuesday that she died of accidental alcohol poisoning.
The same verdict of death by misadventure was given at a re-hearing of the inquest which was ordered after it emerged that the first, in October 2011, was heard by a coroner who did not have the correct qualifications.
Grammy award winner Winehouse was found dead at her north London home on July 23, 2011, following years of drug and alcohol addiction. She was 27.
The inquest at St Pancras Coroner’s Court in London heard the same evidence as the original inquest.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!