Warner Bros pushes Superman-Batman film back to 2016
Published on Jan 18, 2014 11:27 AM
LOS ANGELES (REUTERS) - Warner Bros pushed back the release date of the still untitled film that will bring together superheroes Superman and Batman, delaying it by almost a year to May 2016, the studio said on Friday.
The sequel to last year's hit Superman film Man Of Steel was revealed at the Comic-Con convention last July by director Zack Snyder, who said the two DC Comics' caped crusaders will face off against each other.
Warner Bros, a unit of Time Warner Inc said in a statement that it needed to move back the date to allow "the film-makers time to realise fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story".
The decision was made after the start of production was moved to the second quarter of this year, Warner Bros said.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!