Sunday, Dec 21, 2014Sunday, Dec 21, 2014
 

Robert Redford raps studio after Oscars snub

Published on Jan 17, 2014 6:11 AM
 
Veteran United States (US) actor Robert Redford addresses the media at an opening day news conference for the Sundance Film Festival at the Egyptian Theatre in Park City, Utah, on Jan 16, 2014. Actor Robert Redford said on Thursday he was not upset by failing to win an Oscar nomination, but said the distributors of his latest film did not campaign fully for it. -- PHOTO: REUTERS

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Veteran United States (US) actor Robert Redford said on Thursday he was not upset by failing to win an Oscar nomination, but said the distributors of his latest film did not campaign fully for it.

The Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid icon had been hotly tipped to secure a best actor nod for shipwreck film All Is Lost, but was not included in the Academy Award nominations announced in Beverly Hills.

Speaking at the Sundance Film Festival hours after the Oscars announcement, Redford said he was proud of his latest work, an almost speech-free film about a sailor battling for survival after being shipwrecked at sea.

"It was so stripped down of elements that are in most films... It was for me more of a pure cinematic experience. I love that... I'm very happy about that film," he told the festival's opening press conference.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos