Michael Jackson sought propofol long before death: Doctor
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Michael Jackson requested the anaesthetic propofol to help him sleep at least a decade before he died from an overdose of the drug, a doctor testified on Wednesday.
Dr Christine Quinn said Jackson summoned her to a Beverly Hills hotel in 1998 or 1999 and asked her to give him propofol.
The request came after she met the entertainer while he was undergoing dental procedures. She said she refused the request and told Jackson it wasn't appropriate to use anaesthesia as a sleep aid.
"I told him that the sleep you get with anaesthesia is not real sleep, not restful sleep," Dr Quinn said.