Lee Ang wins his second Best Director Oscar in upset win
Published on Feb 25, 2013 12:42 PM
No one saw it coming.
Taiwanese film-maker Lee Ang wins his second Best Director Oscar for his adaptation of the award-winning novel, Life Of Pi.
His first came in 2006 for the drama Brokeback Mountain.
Steven Spielberg was widely expected to win Best Director this year for Lincoln.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here
- Best picture: Argo
- Best director: Ang Lee, Life Of Pi
- Best leading actor: Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln
- Best leading actress: Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook
- Best supporting actor: Christoph Waltz in Django Unchained
- Best supporting actress: Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables
- Best foreign language film: Amour (Love)
- Best animated feature: Brave
- Best original screenplay: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained
- Best adapted screenplay: Chris Terrio, Argo
- Best original score: Life of Pi
- Best original song: Skyfall, music and lyrics by Adele and Paul Epworth
- Best production design: Lincoln
- Best cinematography: Life of Pi
- Best costume design: Anna Karenina
- Best documentary feature: Searching for Sugar Man
- Best documentary short: Inocente
- Best film editing: Argo
- Best makeup: Les Miserables
- Best short animated film: Paperman
- Best short live action film: Curfew
- Best sound editing: Zero Dark Thirty
- Best sound mixing: Les Miserables
- Best visual effects: Life of Pi