Heroin found in Hoffman's apartment: Official
Published on Feb 4, 2014 7:32 AM
NEW YORK (AFP) - Investigators confirmed Monday that heroin was found in the New York apartment of Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, who died of a suspected drugs overdose.
The sudden death of the 46-year-old father of three young children, hailed by many as the finest character actor of his generation, has shocked Hollywood and devastated his family.
Police said he was found on the bathroom floor in his Manhattan apartment, a syringe in his arm, wearing shorts and a T-shirt.
According to US media at least 50 envelopes of heroin littered the US$10,000 (S$12,755) a month apartment in plush Greenwich Village, but there has been no official confirmation of the amount of drugs.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!