Monday, Dec 22, 2014Monday, Dec 22, 2014

 

Harrison Ford could return for new Star Wars film: Report

Published on Nov 7, 2012 6:12 AM
 
Actors, from left, Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia and Harrison Ford as Han Solo, appear in a scene from Lucasfilm's "Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope," in this undated promotional photo. -- PHOTO: LUCASFILM, LTD. & TM

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Veteran actor Harrison Ford could reprise his role as Han Solo in Star Wars in a new movie set for release in 2015 after Disney bought the studio behind the sci-fi saga, a report said.

The 70-year-old has previously appeared cool on the character he played in the first three Star Wars movies. But he has not ruled out returning for what will be the seventh movie in the series, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"Harrison is open to the idea of doing the movie and he's upbeat about it, all three of them are," a "highly-placed" source told the magazine, referring to Ford and fellow actors Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

Ford found fame in the first Star Wars movie in 1977, and played his part again in the second and third installments, which made up the initial trilogy.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos