Saudi woman sues ministry over driving ban
RIYADH (AFP) - A Saudi women's rights activist said on Monday that she has filed a lawsuit against the interior ministry over a decree banning women from obtaining driving licences in the ultra-conservative kingdom.
Ms Nassima al-Sadah is the third woman to file such a lawsuit this year over the rule which enforces a traditional ban on women driving in the Muslim desert nation.
"I filed the lawsuit against the traffic department of the interior ministry at the Dammam court" in Eastern Province, she said.
Before her, Ms Manal al-Sharif, who became a symbol of a campaign to drive after she was arrested last year for defying the ban, and rights activist Samar Badawi also filed similar lawsuits.