S. Korea postpones rocket launch to 2013 for "comprehensive" check: Official
Published on Dec 3, 2012 2:36 PM
SEOUL (AFP) - South Korea has postponed its third bid to put a satellite in orbit until next year, after a technical problem forced the cancellation of last week's scheduled launch, an official said on Monday.
"We have decided not to launch the rocket this month," a science ministry official said.
Engineers are now conducting a "comprehensive" check of the rocket's second stage that will take more than one month, the official said, declining to speculate on when a new attempt could be made.
The 140-tonne Korea Space Launch Vehicle (KSLV-1) was removed from the launch pad at the Naro Space Center on the south coast on Thursday after engineers detected a propulsion system problem with just minutes left on the launch countdown clock.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here