Job-seeker attacks China's 2nd-richest man
BEIJING (AP) - Chinese police detained a labourer who approached China's second-richest man to ask for a job and then attacked and injured the company chairman when he denied the request, state media reported on Wednesday.
Zong Qinghou, chairman of food and beverage giant Hangzhou Wahaha Group, is recovering from injuries to his left hand after Friday's attack in the eastern city of Hangzhou, the official Xinhua News Agency said.
Citing Hangzhou police, Xinhua identified the suspect as a 49-year-old migrant worker surnamed Yang and from the neighboring province of Jiangsu.
It said Yang borrowed 30,000 yuan (S$6,197) earlier this year and traveled to Hangzhou in search of work.