HK to quarantine 17 people over bird flu case: Officials
Published on Dec 3, 2013 8:19 PM
HONG KONG (AFP) - Hong Kong will quarantine up to 17 people after the city confirmed its first human case of the deadly H7N9 bird flu, officials said on Tuesday.
The 17 are mostly relatives of the employer of a 36-year-old Indonesian domestic helper, who is in critical condition in a Hong Kong hospital after a visit to mainland China.
They were all taken to hospital for observation.
“If those who had been in close contact (with the patient) don’t have symptoms, we will later arrange for them to enter quarantine facilities,” health minister Ko Wing Man told a press conference.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here