China lays out charges for Kunming knife attack suspects: Media
Published on Mar 30, 2014 5:51 PM
BEIJING (AFP) - China has laid out the charges against four suspects captured after a brutal railway station attack that killed 29 people and injured 143 earlier this month, officials said.
Eight members of what Beijing labelled a "terrorist gang" carried out the stabbing spree at Kunming railway station in south-western China, with four of them killed at the scene.
The remainder were formally arrested for crimes of "organising, leading, taking part in a terrorist attack and intentional homicide," Yunnan provincial procuratorate said on Saturday.
Three of those in police custody were captured two days after the attack, while a fourth, a wounded women, was held by police at the scene.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!