3 suspects in Kunming station attack captured, says Xinhua
Published on Mar 3, 2014 9:12 PM
BEIJING (AFP) - Chinese police have caught three suspects in a railway station attack that left 29 people dead and 143 injured, state media said on Monday.
"Three suspects involved in the terrorist attack in the southwestern city of Kunming had been captured," the official news agency Xinhua said, citing the ministry of public security. One of them was a woman, it said.
It said a "terrorist gang of eight members", with a leader identified as Abdurehim Kurban, was responsible for the attack.
State television said earlier a female suspect was wounded and captured in the attack. Four were shot dead.
To continue reading, log in if you are a subscriber
Enjoy 2 weeks of unlimited digital access to The Straits Times. Get your free access now!