Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014Wednesday, Jul 30, 2014
ANN
 

Home alone baby saved from burning flat in Malaysia

Published on Aug 16, 2012 12:49 PM
 

BUTTERWORTH (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A home alone six-month-old baby boy was rescued from a burning flat by a neighbour but is in critical condition after he sustained first degree burns all over his body in Mak Mandin.

Y. Meysshvin, who sustained 70 per cent burns, was sleeping in the flat while his babysitter Ms G. Saroja, 48, went to the nearby market.

A neighbour, Mr J.P. Supermaniam, said he heard the baby crying and ran over to see what was happening and then ran back to his flat to get a fire extinguisher.

"I tried put out the fire but to no avail. I managed to run inside the flat and quickly carried the baby, who was in the cradle, out of the burning flat.

 
If you are not a subscriber, you can get instant, unlimited access here

Videos