- • India plans first offshore wind power project
- • Interpol secretary general receives award for his contributions to Singapore
- • Hong Kong protests: Officials hope to wait out; defiant protesters threaten to step up action
- • Hong Kong protests: Former HK governor Chris Patten calls for dialogue
- • Needy students to get close to $8 million this year under ST School Pocket Money Fund
- • NY Times to slash 100 newsroom jobs
- • Laureate says Nobel summit axed after Dalai Lama row
- • InterContinental Hotels Group to manage Keong Hong joint venture's hotel
- • Britain's premier David Cameron unveils plan to win 2015 election
- • SGX acquires all of Energy Market Company
- • Thai girl who lost legs after falling onto tracks loses appeal against SMRT and LTA
- • Hong Kong protests: Student leader pledges to step up mass action
- • Athletics: Hero's homecoming for Kenya marathon star Kimetto
- • Football: Scholes slams City fans' lack of support on big Euro night
- • Foul stench from Bayshore apartment leads to grisly find - the bodies of a father and son
- • Asian Games: Track, medal, doping rows cloud day 12 of competition
- • Seven people rescued from jammed lifts after Golden Mile Complex fire
- • Hong Kong protests: Over 100 attend candlelight vigil at Hong Lim Park in support of Hong Kong protests
- • The Straits Times' News In A Minute: Oct 1, 2014
- • Hong Kong protests: South Africa's Tutu backs pro-democracy protests
THE word "jihad" is once again in the media, as a result of the actions of the radical...
BEIJING faces a choice in Hong Kong between repression and climbdown. The demonstrations on the...
CHINA and South-east Asia are geographically contiguous. We have no choice but to live together....
Trends & Transitions
Not to be Missed
BANGKOK - It was no lazy Sunday afternoon for me when I visited a friend’s organic rice farm in...
Kah, a 17-year-old Burmese, was detained by Thai authorities for one month in Chiang Mai after he...
WHEN I was growing up in a suburb south of Manila, there was one year when a specific hour of a...
WHEN Ms Chen Liuzhuo was almost four years old, in China's Hunan province, her parents noticed her ability to memorise large numbers of Chinese characters and decided to send her to an...