KUALA LUMPUR (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Another possible piece of airplane debris from flight MH370 that was found in Mozambique recently will be brought to Malaysia soon.
The debris, now in South Africa, is expected to arrive here within this week, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.
This is the second debris fragment believed to be from a plane that was found in the African country.
The first fragment that was found earlier in March arrived here last week.
Liow said the two pieces would be sent to Australia for verification that they belonged to the missing MH370.
He was speaking a press conference after launching the i-Star Internship Program - organised by Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC) and Platform to Engage and Empower Rakyat (Peer) here on Monday.
Flight MH370 with 239 people on board disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014. The Boeing 777 plane is believed to have ended in the southern Indian Ocean.
So far, the only debris confirmed to be from the plane was found on Reunion Island in September last year.