KUALA LUMPUR - The search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flgiht MH370 is continuing in both the northern and southern corridors, Malaysia's Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said on Thursday.
He was speaking at a daily press briefing after search aircraft and ships were sent to investigate two objects floating in the southern Indian Ocean off Perth, Australia that officials said could be debris from the jetliner missing since March 8 with 239 people on board.
Mr Hishammuddin also said that Malaysia Airlines will fly families to Australia if it's confirmed that the missing plane is found there.
"My heart is with them all the time ... I do feel for them," he said when asked about the families of the passengers on the missing plane.
Chinese families who have flown to Malaysia have been given updates two to three times a day, he said.
The search for the missing plane entered its 13th day on Thursday and efforts were redirected to a location some 2,500 kilometres south-west of Perth after Australia said that two objects - one estimated at 24 metres long - had been spotted in the southern Indian Ocean.
Families of the passengers aboard the plane are due to be briefed on Thursday night by Malaysia investigators on the latest findings.
Some remained hopeful that their loved ones are still alive.
Mr Selamat Omar, father of Malayian engineer Khairul Selamat who took the flight told The Straits Times: "We are still waiting for verification from the authorities. If it's really MH370, we will accept that fate."
Mr Wen Wancheng, whose son is a passenger on the flight, said in Beijing: "My son is still alive. I don't believe the news."