Man critical after receiving electric shock at Sentul KTM station in KL

A man was seriously injured after receiving an electric shock at a KTM station in KL on June 13, 2017.
A man was seriously injured after receiving an electric shock at a KTM station in KL on June 13, 2017.PHOTO: THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

KUALA LUMPUR (The Star/Asia News Network- A sanitation manager was seriously injured when he received an electric shock in a workplace accident.

Sentul OCPD Asst Comm R. Munusamy said the 46-year-old man received the electric shock while working at the Sentul KTM station, which is in Kuala Lumpur, on Tuesday (June 13).

"His son informed police of the incident. The victim sustained burns in 80% of the body and was conscious when he was rushed to hospital," he said in a statement.

ACP Munusamy said the victim was injured when he was using an aluminium rod to clear birds' nests near the platform at the station.