MALAYSIAN authorities have had a "very good" meeting on Wednesday with relatives of Chinese passengers on board the missing flight MH370, says the head of Malaysia's department of civil aviation.
The team answered all questions posed by the 29 relatives from 18 families, said Mr Azharuddin Abdul Rahman.
"They were not hostile. They conducted themselves very well. We had a very good question-and-answer with them,'' Mr Azharuddin said, but declined to give more details. He said a press statement will be released on Wednesday evening.
The closed-door meeting, held at Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya on Wednesday morning, was also attended by Prime Minister's special envoy to China Tan Sri Ong Ka Ting, Royal Malaysian Air Force chief Rodzali Daud, China's ambassador Huang Huikang as well as investigators from China's aviation authority.
Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8 with 239 passengers onboard, 153 of them from China.
Despite extensive scouring of remote Indian Ocean waters by planes and ships southwest of Perth where Malaysia believes the jet went down, nothing has been found so far that would indicate a crash site.
Ten planes and nine ships resumed the hunt on Wednesday.