GEORGE TOWN (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Three more nudists have surrendered, some 24 hours after Penang's police chief revealed their details to the media.
The three who surrendered were Chew Tok Hwa, 57, believed to be the organiser, Justin Ang Ji Keng, 24 and Carmen Chan, 27.
A police source said that the trio turned themselves in at the district police headquarters in Balik Pulau on Saturday.
Balik Pulau OCPD Supt Lai Fah Hin declined to comment on the matter and said that police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Wira Abdul Rahim Hanafi will hold a press conference soon.
Earlier in the week, a 40-year-old Malaysian and a 30-year-old Singaporean surrendered to the police.
It was reported that 18 so-called naturists, including six women, were caught on video while taking part in a series of nude activities on May 30, which were dubbed the Penang Nude Sports Games 2014.
The five-minute video showed the participants naked on the beach in Teluk Kampi while taking part in activities such as body painting, a relay race and a group catwalk.
On Friday, the police chief said nine out of the 18 nudists also stayed overnight at an orchard in Balik Pulau, moving about naked.
From June 6 to 8, the same nine people were in Pattaya, Thailand, for a nude party, which saw the participation of nudists from 30 different nationalities.